Communities and municipalities

Street lights

Street light repair request form

Please note: If you want a street light removed or a new street light installed, please contact your city clerk.

If you want your own rental security light installed, removed or repaired, please contact our Customer Service Center at 1-800-ALLIANT (800-255-4268).

Municipal customers who own your own non-metered street lights: If you have made changes to your system, or intend to do so, please complete the Customer-owned, Non-metered Street light Change Request form . Please return the form to our Business Resource Center at, your Key Account Manager or Community Contact.


Chemical security

The Department of Homeland Security regulates security at high-risk chemical facilities through the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program.  Facilities that manufacture, use, store or distribute certain chemicals may be required to complete an online questionnaire, which the Department uses to determine the facility’s level of risk.

Don’t let chemicals in your community be the target of a terrorist attack – learn more about the CFATS program at .

To anonymously report a non-emergency concern about a facility, call the CFATS Chemical Facility Security Tip Line: 1-877-394-4347 (877-FYI 4 DHS).  If this is a security emergency or terrorist incident, call 911 or contact your instead.

Recent stories from our blog